I came across these Peanut Butter Banana Bomb Muffins the other day over at Oh She Glows and was instantly enamored. I mean, come on, peanut butter and bananas in muffin form?! What’s not to love?
Since I was missing a few of the ingredients needed, I made a few modifications using the Whole Wheat Honey Banana Muffins recipe listed on Recipezaar as a guide.
for the muffins
- 1/2c honey instead of agave
- 1/3c canola oil instead of the 1/4 c virgin coconut oil
- 1/4c hot water instead of the 1/2 c non-dairy milk
for the bomb filling
- 1/4c vanilla yogurt instead of plain
- 1T maple syrup instead of agave
- 1 heaping T almond butter instead of peanut butter
The muffins are good, not overly sweet, but what really seals the deal is the “bomb filling.” I was seriously eating this stuff straight out of the bowl; it was so good!! Ever since reading about this trick for using an apple corer to give cupcakes a filling over at the kitchn I have been looking for an excuse to fill something with a creamy center, so that’s what’s going on on the top of the muffins. Trust me, I wasn’t stingy with the filling!